Investigative Report on the "610 Office" Jilin Province
Partial Name List of Officials in the Jilin Provincial Party Committee and 610 Office Who Persecute Falun Gong Practitioners
Jilin Province is one of the provinces which most severely persecutes Falun Gong practitioners. Up to November 16, 2003, the confirmed number of Falun Gong practitioners tortured to death reached one hundred and three. The number is the second highest in the country.
The main organization that deals with Falun Gong in Jilin province is "the Provincial Leadership Team to Deal with Falun Gong Problem" and its affiliate office "610 Office."
Main officials within Jilin Provincial Party and Government who actively participated in the persecution of Falun Gong
WANG Yunkun: the Secretary of Jilin Provincial Party Committee
LIN Yanzhi: the vice Secretary of Jilin Provincial Party Committee, former Head of the "Leadership Team to Deal with Falun Gong Problem" in Jilin Province
WANG Guofa: the vice Secretary of Jilin Provincial Party Committee, the Head of the "Leadership Team to Deal with Falun Gong Problem" in Jilin Province, Chairman of the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference (CPPCC)
SU Rong: former vice Secretary of Jilin Provincial Party Committee, former Head of the "Leadership Team to Deal with Falun Gong Problem" in Jilin Province, now Secretary of Gansu Provincial Party Committee.
YANG Qingcai: Deputy Governor of Jilin Province
LU Quanzhen: former vice Secretary of Jilin Provincial Political and Legal Committee, former Head of 610 Office, now Chief Member of the Provincial People's Congress Internal Affairs Judicial Committee.
WANG Rulin: Secretary of the Provincial Political and Legal Committee
WEI Minxue: Deputy Governor of Jilin Province, Deputy Director of the Provincial Leadership Team to Deal with Falun Gong Problem
ZHANG Mingjiu: vice Director of the 610 Office in Jilin Province.
Those who had assumed the position of the Head of the Provincial "Leadership Team to Deal with Falun Gong Problem" in Jilin Province are: SU Rong (1999 - October 2001), LIN Yanzhi (2001-2002), WANG Guofa (2002 - 2003) and vice Director WEI Minxue (2001).
The main fact of the provincial party and government officials involved in the persecution of Falun Gong in Jilin Province:
LIN Yanzhi(1): Vice Secretary of Jilin Provincial Party Committee, former Head of the Provincial "Decision Board to Deal with the Falun Gong Issue" in Jilin Province(2). When he was in his position, he directed the persecution or the directly involved in the persecution of Falun Gong Practitioners. It is a rare case that officials of the Provincial Secretary level directly takes part in the "transformation" of Falun Gong practitioners and directly commands the beating of Falun Gong practitioners. In the year 2001, LIN Yanzhi went to Siping Forced Labor Camp(3) , Songyuan City(4) and Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp(5) of Changchun City to direct the persecution.
WANG Guofa(6): Vice Secretary of Jilin Provincial Party Committee, Head of the Provincial Decision Board to Deal with the Falun Gong Issue in Jilin Province. From June 2002 to June 2003, he directed the year-long so called "overall war of education and transformation"(7) against the Falun Gong practitioners of the whole province. He even went to Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp(8) and Yinmahe Forced labor camp(9) in Jiutai City in person to carry out the persecution.
LU Quanzhen(10): vice Secretary of Jilin Political and Legal Committee, Head of 610 Office, Chief Member of Internal Affairs Judicial Committee of the Provincial People's Congress.
WANG Yunkun(11) : Secretary of Jilin Provincial Party Committee, directly took part in the persecution using such persecution methods as several people brainwashing one Falun Gong practitioner(12).
HONG Hu(13): Governor of the Province. On April 5, 2002 he went to Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp(14) to direct persecution and took part in the persecution using such persecution method as several people brainwashing one Falun Gong practitioner(12).
SU Rong(15): former Head of the Provincial "Decision Board to Deal with Falun Gong Issue" in Jilin Province, slandering and attacking Falun Gong(16).
YANG Qingcai (17): Deputy Governor, directly involved in the persecution of Falun Gong practitioners in Siping Forced Labor Camp(18).
WANG Ruling: Secretary of the Provincial Political and Legal Committee (Director of the Provincial General Management Committee), Presided over anti Falun Gong meetings and masterminded the province-wide persecution against Falun Gong practitioners(19).
WEI Minxue: Deputy Governor of Jilin Province, Vice Director of the Provincial "Leadership Team to Deal with Falun Gong Problem" in Jilin Province(2) (2003).
1. LIN Yanzhi, 54 years old, born in April 1948. Qualification: postgraduate. Positions he has held: Party secretary of The Communist Youth League of Qinghua University; party secretary of the Communist Youth League of Beijing city, member of the Standing Committee of the Central Communist Youth League of China; Director of Beijing Sports Committee; Deputy Party secretary of Beijing University; commissioner of National Education Commission, member of the Communist Party Committee of The National Education Commission and Party Secretary of organizations directly under the leadership of the National Education Commission, Party Secretary of the National Language Committee and deputy director; Minister of Propaganda of Henan Province and member of the Standing Committee of the Communist Party of Henan Province; Deputy party secretary of Jilin Province. Present position: Deputy Party Secretary of Jilin Province.
2. Channel Jilin of Xinhua Net reported on September 29, 2001 covered: On September 29, 2001, Jilin Province commended and honored those advanced groups and individuals who have battled against "Falun Gong". WEI Minxue, deputy director of Jilin provincial "Leadership Team to Deal with Falun Gong Problem" and Deputy Governor, announced the award decision. LIN Yanzhi, Deputy Party Secretary of Jilin Province and director of the Jilin provincial "Leadership Team to Deal with Falun Gong Problem" attended the meeting and gave a speech.
3. Minghui Net reported on June 25 2001: During February and March 2001, while inspecting on the situation and results of the brainwashing sessions held for Falun Gong members in Siping Detention center, LIN Yanzhi said, "The central government's policy to you is to educate and transform you as the main purpose. If you can't be transformed within one year in detention, you have to stay for two years and if you can't be transformed then, you have to stay for three years. If you can't be transformed in three years, we will detain you for ten years. There are only 2 million Falun Gong members and over one hundred thousand obstinate ones in China, but China has 1.2 billion people. If these Falun Gong members are not transformed, having them beaten down and executed is no big deal, just a small number compared to the 1.2 billion people, and it won't have any effect on the Communist regime's rule even if we killed all these 2 million members…, we must beat you obstinate ones heavily, even to death so that you can't go to Beijing to 'self immolate'."[note: the so called "Tiananmen Square Immolation" is staged and directed by Chinese government to defame Falun Gong.]
4. Minghui Net reported on August 30, 2001: Deputy Party Secretary of Jilin Province LIN Yanzhi went to the "610 office" of Songyuan City to organize brainwashing classes to transform Falun Gong practitioners. He said at the gathering: "if you XX Falun Gong members want to die, just go and find a dirty bystreet to do so, don't go to Beijing and embarrass me…" He then pointed at Falun Gong practitioner, XIN Guoquan, and asked him to talk about his experience. XIN Guoquan just said that Falun Dafa is good when Lin Yanzhi shouted: "drag him out and give him one year imprisonment!" Thus, Xin was beaten black and blue all over his body and later sent to Jilin Provincial Jail.
5. Minghui Net reported on June 19, 2003: December 24, 2001, over 100 Falun Gong practitioners who had been taken from Liaoyuan, Tonghua and Baishan Forced Labor Camp were transferred to Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp in Changchun. They were brutally tortured there as a whole. … this premeditated and organized group torture was actually planned and directed by LIN Yanzhi, the Deputy Party secretary. LIN Yanzhi came to Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp before the torture, he alleged that those who were going to be transferred here were those "obstinate ones", they must be "given a head-on blow at the first encounter", they must be "dealt with by force!" Therefore, this brutal big group torture happened, which was under the direct plan by LIN and arranged by the heads of the forced labor camp.
6. Brief history of WANG Guofa. Wang was elected in 1998 as the Deputy Governor of Jilin Province. Later he became the Deputy Party Secretary of Jilin Province. He became a member of The Communist Party Standing Committee of Jilin Province and Deputy Party Secretary in May 2002. He became Chairman of the Political Consultative Committee of Jilin Province in January 2003.
7. Jilin Daily reported on September 24, 2003, "From June 2002 to June this year, our province launched a year-long province-wide overall campaign against Falun Gong practitioners in order to educate and transform them. On June 10, 2002, the Provincial Party Committee held a province-wide working meeting to deal with Falun Gong problem. The Secretary of the Provincial Party Committee made an important speech. WANG Guofa, then head of the Provincial Leadership Team to Deal with Falun Gong Problem in Jilin Province, made an overall anti Falun Gong denouncement…"
8. Minghui Net reported on September 14, 2003: " Starting from April 5, 2002, WANG Guofa, Deputy Governor of Jilin Province, hurried to Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp to preside anti Falun Gong meetings and sent out cruel commands: use every possible method to forcefully transform (Falun Gong practitioners), to perform Proletarian Dictatorship to Falun Dafa practitioners and to kill Falun Gong practitioners does not count as killing. In order to force Falun Gong practitioners to give up their belief, Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp started to persecute Falun Gong practitioners on a large scale. …….Falun Dafa practitioner SUI Futao who came from Liuhe County, Jilin Province was then tortured to death."
9. Minghui Net reported on February 17, 2003: in April 2002, before and after WANG Guofa , Deputy Governor of Jilin Province, made an inspection on Yinmahe Forced Labor Camp in the city of Jiutai, this labor camp began to torture Falun Gong practitioners on a large scale.
10. Minghui Net reported on March 5, 2003: List of the Criminals who persecute Falun Gong practitioners in Jilin Province.
11. Brief Resume of WANG Yunkun: appointed as Secretary of the Seventh Jilin Provincial Communist Party Committee in September 1998; appointed as Director of the Standing Committee of the Ninth Jilin Provincial People's Congress in February 1999; appointed as Secretary of Jilin Provincial Party Committee in May 2002; appointed again as Director of the Standing Committee of the Ninth Jilin Provincial People's Congress
12. China News Service report on January 16, 2002: "…as the fight (against Falun Gong) went further, the form of 'one person transform one Falun Gong practitioner' developed into the form of 'several persons transform one Falun Gong practitioner'. And the responsibility of 'guaranteed transformation' also further strengthened. Leaders at all levels took the lead to take up the political responsibilities. They committed themselves to the task of guaranteed transformation of Falun Gong practitioners. They met with Falun Gong practitioners face to face in order to educate and transform them. Secretary of the Provincial Party Committee WANG Yunkun, Governor of the Province HONG Hu and Vice Secretary of the Provincial Party Committee CHEN Yujie tried many times to educate and transform Falun Gong conveners of their various practice sites. Vice Secretary of the Provincial Party Committee SU Rong visited and talked to JIAO Lixun in person, the former head of Jilin Falun Gong Assistant Center…"
13. Brief Resume of HONG Hu: Starting from Sep 1998, appointed member of General Committee of the Communist Party of Jilin Province, Assistant Secretary, Deputy Governor of Jilin Province and Acting Governor of Jilin Province February 1999, appointed Governor of Jilin Province. January 2003, re-appointed Governor of Jinlin Province.
14. Minghui Net reported on August 23, 2003: When the official from Central Chinese Government LUO Gan came to Changchun to investigate the persecution of Falun Gong, he expressed his greatest dissatisfaction about the "transformation rate" of Falun Gong practitioners. This made HONG Hu, then the governor of Jilin Provinces, tremble with great fear. Then on April 5, he went to Changchun Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp and issued an order to use maximum force to transform the Falun Gong practitioners. Falun Gong practitioners experienced the most severe torture treatment.
15. SU Rong, from April 1998 to October 2001, was appointed the member of the Standing Committee and Assistant Secretary of Jilin Province. In October 2001, the Central Committee of the Chinese Communist Party appointed SU Rong a Committee Member of the Communist Party of Qinghai Peoples Congress. In May 2002 at the 10th Peoples Congress of Qinghai he was elected Secretary. In January 2003 the Central Committee of the communist party appointed SU Rong as a committee member (Secretary) of the Central Committee of Gansu Province and he was removed as Committee member (Secretary) of Qinghai Province.
16. People's Daily reported on October 17, 1999. (on the front page): "SU Rong as Deputy Provincial Secretary, head of the Leadership Team to Deal with the Falun Gong Problem said at an interview with the media 'we must completely and correctly understand and grasp the Central Government's policy on Falun Gong. Continue to perform well the transforming of the majority of Falun Gong practitioners, especially those who are Government officials. Deal with the Falun Gong diehards, back room organizers, planners in accordance with the law, and if applicable expel them from the Party and their work units."
17. YANG Qingcai: Former special administrator of Shuangshan Taxation office of Shuangliao County, Jilin province; Member of the administration of the Community Party in Shuangliao County; member of the administration of the Community party in Siping local Committee, Deputy supervisor and Deputy secretary of Yitong County as well as the first secretary of the Party Discipline committee; Student of the Central party's school; Chief Secretary of the peasant and workers unit; Deputy Chief Secretary of the Provincial Government; Chief of the provincial agriculture research department; Chief of the administrative office of the provincial government; Deputy governor of Jilin Province.
18. Minghui Net reported on October 11, 2001: A few days ago, YANG Qingcai, the deputy governor of Jilin province came to inspect the labor camp. Falun gong practitioner Zhang Jieshan in exposing the persecution and clarifying the truth of Falun Gong, raised the ire of Deputy Governor YANG who said, "Teach him a severe lesson on behalf of myself, treat his death as suicide if he dies from torture, no one will be held responsible for his death."
19. On March 7, 2001, at a meeting of the Changchun city and Jilin province on criticizing of Falun Gong at the Provincial Hotel, the deputy secretary LIN Yanzhi gave a special report on criticizing of Falun Gong. WANG Rulin, the member of the provincial committee and the general political secretary chaired the meeting and commended the long time struggle against Falun Gong by the whole province.
World Organization to Investigate the Persecution of Falun Gong
Mail Address：P.O. Box 84， New york, NY 10116
Website： http://www.upholdjustice.org/, http://www.zhuichaguoji.org/