To investigate the criminal conduct of all institutions, organizations, and individuals involved in the persecution of Falun Gong; to bring such investigations, no matter how long it takes, no matter how far and deep we have to search, to full closure; to exercise fundamental principles of humanity; and to restore and uphold justice in society.

Practitioners Who Were Tortured to Death In Liaoning Province

(As of January 23, 2003, it has been verified that 96 practitioners were tortured to death)
August 16, 2004
A4 format download

Fang, LiHong(38,Anshan)
Kou Xiaoping(40,Anshan)
Sun, Yuhua(37,AnShan) Yuan Zhongyu(47,Anshan)
Zhang, Li(40,Anshan)
Sun, Xueyan(72,BeiPiao) Qiu Zhiyan(35,Benxi)
Zhang, Cuizhen(66,Benxi)
Mi Zhongsheng(33,Buxin) Practitioner(Buxin)
Yang Hongyan(42,Buxin)
Li, Hongwei(50,Chaoyang) Yu Xiuling(32,Chaoyang)
Zhen, Yujie(28,ChaoYang)
Chen Jiafu(41,Dalian) Chen Yong(34,Dalian)
Chen Zhenli(Dalian)
Chi Yulian(44,Dalian) Dong Yongwei(52,Dalian)
Li Xiumei(58,Dalian)
Li, Zhongmin(31,DaLian) Liu Yonglai(36,Dalian)
Practitioner(Dalian) Sun Lianxia(50,Dalian)
Wang Qiuxia(48,Dalian)
Wang Youju(64,Dalian) Yu Lixin(27,dalian)
Zeng Xianmei(63,Dalian)
Zheng Wei(Dalian) Zou Wenzhi(54,Dalian)
Li Yanhua(65,Dashiqiao)
Zhao, Kaisheng(61,DongGang) Chen Sulan(53,Fushun)
Chen, Min(FuShun)
Han, Fuxiang(66,FuShun) Huang, Ke(31,FuShun)
Li, Ying(FuShun)
Liang Suyun(36,Fushun) Liu, Yuqing(40,FuShun)
Practitioner(Fushun) Sang, Shuqing(63,FuShun)
Wang, Xiuxia(42,FuShun)
Wei, Zaixin(63,Fushun) Wu Zhanrui(Fushun)
Zhong Yuxiu(27,Fushun)
Zhong, Hongxi(48,FuShun) Zhou Yuling(Fushun)
Zou Guirong(36,Fushun)
Cao, Fengqiu(48,Huludao) Jin Lifeng(39,Huludao)
Li Shuyuan(51,Huludao)
Li, Baoxia(48,Huludao) Liu Liyun(44,Huludao)
Liu, Hongxue(57,Huludao)
Peng, Fengmei(61,Huludao) Wang Huachen(31,Huludao)
Wu, Guoliang(35,Huludao)
Lin, Zhiping(60,JianPing) Cao Shufang(61,Jinzhou)
Du Baolan(48,Jinzhou)
Hu, Xiuying(48,Jinzhou) Liu Zhi(61,Jinzhou)
Shi, Zhongyan(45,JinZhou)
Wang, Wenjun(38,JinZhou) Zhang, Guizhi(47,JinZhou)
Zhu Shaolan(50,Jinzhou)
Guo Shuyan(38,Liaoyang) Ma, Xiukun(58,Liaoyang)
Han, Qingcai(62,LiaoZhong)
Wang Hong(39,Liaozhong) Wang Le(28,Lingyuan)
Wu, Yuan(44,Lingyuan)
Liu Wenping(43,PanJin) Liu, Dejun(51,PanJin)
Qi Jinsheng(25,Panjin)
Shen, Lizhi(33,Shengyang) Song Xiangzhen(46,Shengyang)
Sun Hongyan(36,Shengyang)
Zong, Hengjie(34,Shengyang) Li, Xiaoyuan(50,Shenyang)
Miao Qisheng(36,Shenyang)
Qu, Guizhi(67,Shenyang) Wang Ling(39,Shenyang)
Yang, Sulan(65,Shenyang)
Zou, Qingyu(63,ShenYang) Chen Dewen(Suizhong)
Bai, Shuzhen(60,WaFangDian)
Wang, Jingyi(56,Wafangdian) Zhang, Wannian(63,WaFangDian)
Tang Tierong(Xinbin)
Yan, Yongdong(28,Xinmin) Lu, Guifang(63,Yingkou)
Wang Lixia(46,Zhaoyang)
Shao Shisheng(58,Zhuanghe)Attachment I: Practitioners Were Tortured to Death
In Liaoning Province
(Up until January 23, 2003, it has been verified that 96 practitioners were tortured to death)

Some Torture Death Cases in Liaoning Province

Case 1

Li,Ying, female, lived at the Wanghuahaicheng area in Wanghua District, Youyan Street, Fushun City, Liaoning Province. She used to be cashier in Gutian Market, and she ran a family-owned rice shop along Haicheng Street.

Everyone who was acquainted with Li Ying knew that she became healthy after practicing Falun Gong, and she was righteous, kind and open-minded, no matter what happened to her, she would always first take care of other people's concerns, and she got very well with people around her.

On March 31, 2003 at 11:30am, she was abducted by police officers from the No. 1 Division of the Fushun City Police Department. Four police officers brutally tortured her. 3 days later on April 2, she was tortured to death.

Li Ying's family went to the police department to ask for her and they requested meeting with her, but met with rejection. They deplored the vicious police and requested and protested repeatedly. In the end, the police reluctantly let them in to see Li Ying. They saw her lying on the ground, with a white sheet covering her body. They pulled the sheet up and saw that Li Ying was on the verge of death. She only had strength to tell her husband, "four police beat me..." before she passed away.

After she was beaten to death, the police department spread out rumors, saying that Li Ying died of disease. Autopsy revealed that her shoulder area was purple-blacked, the color ran as deep as 4 centimeters. Her kidney had accumulated water, her liver was blacked, and there was a hole in her heart with blood flowing out of it. The police department covered up the whole event, and they also forced Li Ying's family to keep silent. Li Ying's family is currently unwilling to reveal the truth under the police's pressure.

On 10th, April, 2003, some people made a telephone inquiry and called the Public Security Bureau at 86-413-2624451 in Fushun city, the call was immediately hung up by the receiver as soon as the inquiry about the Li Ying's death was mentioned. When called at 86-413-6452534, the community center along Youyan Street, the receiver didn't disagree with the fact that Li Ying was beaten to death, but asked the caller to call other people and at the same time, claiming that no other people was around.

Case 2

Liu, Yuqing, Female, 40, was a resident of 7 Zu, 10 Wei, Guchengzi Street, Wanghua District, Fushun City,
Liaoning Province. She worked in the Fushun Special Steel Factory.

Liu Yuqing went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong on October 23, 1999, and was arrested on the 25th at Tiananmen Square. The police put her into a detention center. Later she was taken back by officers from the Wanghua District Police Department and detained in Fushun City Rehabilitation Center. One and a half months later, she was transferred to her work unit for detention, not allowed to go home and monitored by persons from the plant's security section, without being allowed any personal freedom. This situation continued until February 2000.
On December 31, 2000, Liu Yuqing again went to Tiananmen Square and unfolded a banner reading "Falun Dafa Is Good," telling people around the world that Dafa is good. She was arrested on the site and suffered brutal beatings and the "Tiger Bench" torture. She went on a hunger strike to protest her arrest and was unconditionally released seven days later.

On February 15, 2001, three officers from the Putun Police Station in Wanghua District forcibly dragged her down from the third floor at her work unit and took Liu Yuqing to the police station against her will. On the second day she was sent to Fushun City Detention Center, and half a month later she was transferred to Fushun City Wujiabao Forced Labor Camp. During this period she suffered from torture, brutal beatings, interrogations, sleep deprivation and other physical and mental tortures. Her internal organs suffered serious damage from the beatings. In just over one month, she became extremely weak. She had a fever, blood in her urine, and looked sick and emaciated. Upon hearing the news, her family went to the labor camp asking for her release. On April 11, 2001, she was taken home.

However, the vicious people still did not give up. After 8:00 p.m. on February 9, 2002, over a dozen people from Wanghua Police Department, the Guchengzi and Yanwu police stations, and from the local residential committee, led by police chief Yu Shoujun, broke into her home by jumping over the wall and took away her personal property. Liu Yuqing suffered another round of persecution. Only 40 years old, she passed away on April 13, 2002. At her death, Liu Yuqing's eyes were open and her mouth half open, with an expression of sadness for the injustice.

One police officer in Guchengzi police station admitted that Liu, Yuqing passed away on April 13, 2002.

Case 3

Wang, Xiuxia,42 years old, lived in Qingyuan County, Fushun City, Liaoning Province.

Around 10:00 a.m. on May 29, 2003, more than 20 officers from the Dongzhou Criminal Police Team, Xintun Police Station and Wanxin Police Station broke into a Dafa materials production site in Xintun. They arrested Dafa practitioners Wang Xiuxia, Zhang Shouhui, Kang Xiaosheng without due cause. When these practitioners firmly refused to give their names and addresses, the police beat them so hard they fell to the ground several times. The perpetrators brutally tortured the practitioners until 2:00 a.m. the next day.

Ms. Wang Xiuxia began to hunger strike as soon as she entered the detention center. She was shackled, handcuffed and force-fed by the guards several times. The most severe case of this was when she was handcuffed to a chair while in solitary confinement for a twenty-four hour period. Her hands and feet were bound tightly, and she was almost totally unable to move. All the female Dafa practitioners who were illegally detained at the detention center began to hunger strike together to resist the persecution of Wang Xiuxia. The police began the typical measures to stop Dafa practitioners who protested their cruelty, forcing other prisoners to torture Dafa practitioner Ms. Qu Cailing even though she had a heart disease and hypertension. Ms Qu can no longer move her arms and has lost quite a few teeth.

On the evening of June 15, Ms. Wang's health was in a critical condition and she looked pale and short of breath. But the police took no notice and failed to summon emergency treatment for her promptly. In the end, Ms Wang Xiuxia passed away while still in the detention center. On the evening of June 15, Fushun City Police Department authorities notified Wang Xiuxia's family of her death. When her family rushed to the police department, they saw that Wang Xiuxia's body was in a freezer and was misshaped. The police refused to let the family take a close look at the body and didn't answer their inquiries about the cause of her death. On the morning of June 17, before her family could take a look at the body, the police hastily sealed it in a coffin.

Case 4

Li, Yanhua, in her sixties, a resident in Dongjiang Village in the Nanlou Economical Development District, Dashiqiao City, Liaoning Province.

The local police from Nanlou Police Station, having been notified by informers about her distributing Falun Dafa flyers, arrested her on February 19, 2001.

During an interrogation to find out the source of the flyers, the policemen actually beat this diminutive woman with billy clubs. The beatings continued until she became incontinent, losing control of her bowels and bladder. Beaten all over her body and bleeding from her eyes, ears, nose, and mouth, she finally stopped breathing and died.

When the policemen found her dead due to their brutal beating, they had no idea what to do. Then the policemen dumped Li's body into a mud hole near Xijiang Village and then put some corn stalks and dried leaves beside it, so as to make it look like the scene of a self-immolation. Then they made Liu Sheng, the head of the village, state that she had been still alive when found. But even they knew no one would be convinced by such a deceptive frame-up, so they called in her husband, Feng Mingshen and told him that Li had died of diabetes. He was forced to admit that her death was due to "being obsessed with Falun Gong," and his statement was recorded.

Other Falun Dafa practitioners felt Li's death suspicious and went to the mortuary to check her body. That night, they saw the respected old lady, whose body, though it had been cleaned and treated very carefully, was full of visible wounds, which were horrible to look at: her right eye was sunken, with one eye open and another one closed, and big bloodstains still remained in her nostrils. Her right arm was black and blue. Her back, from her shoulder to her bottom, was full of the marks of brutal blows and looked almost completely purple.

Case 5

Huang, Ke,31-year-old, an employee at the No. 10 Research Lab, Fushun Research Institute for Petroleum and Petrochemicals, an affiliate of the Petroleum Chemical Company of China.

Mr. Huang Ke Huang's wife Zhong, Yunxiu

Mr. Huang Ke, from Wanghua District, Fushun City, Liaoning Province was arrested in late June 2003. The perpetrators are police from the Guangming Police Station in Wanghua District. He was detained at the Fushun First Detention Center, and was tortured to death on July 3rd, only ten days after his arrest.

In March 2003, he was abducted and was sent to the Fushun First Detention Center. He refused to give up his personal belief in Falun Dafa (Truthfulness, Compassion, Tolerance). To protest the unlawful mistreatment, he went on a hunger strike. Then he was sent to a hospital where he was force-fed, but with no success due to his resisting. After about ten days, seeing that he was on the verge of dying, the police let him go home. In June 2003, Huang was arrested and put in the Fushun First Detention Center again, where he went on a hunger strike to protest. He was force fed many times. At 6:00 am. on July 3, he passed away in the detention center.

In October 1999, Huang's wife Zhong, Yunxiu was also tortured to death for being firm in practicing Dafa. At that time, their daughter was not yet two years old. After Huang Ke's death, his elderly parents and his daughter, who is not yet six years old, are left uncared for.

The former Xinmin Police Station has merged with the Guangming Police Station, under the name Guangming Police Station. An employee in Huang Ke's work unit, Fushun Research Institute of Petroleum and Petrochemicals (Office: 86-413-6428144), confirmed that Huang died in the detention center. As to Huang's case, the receptionist at the Fushun First Detention Center (86-413-7702472), sometimes said " There was no such person", while sometimes said "I don't know." When the reporter called Guangming Police Station in Wangjiang District (86-413-6429829), to ask for the cause of Huang's death, a policeman answered that he couldn't talk about the death case over the phone.

Case 6

Wei, Zaixin, 63 years old, a senior engineer at the School of Advanced Technological Studies in Fushun City, Liaoning Province.

Because of his firm steadfast commitment to Falun Dafa, Mr. Wei Zaixin was on the verge of death due to torture by the police in Jiangjun Detention Center, Fushun City, Liaoning Province, in June 2002. He failed to respond to any medical treatment and passed away on November 15, 2002.

Mr. Wei Zaixin was a senior engineer at the School of Advanced Technological Studies in Fushun City, Liaoning Province. On February 7, 2002, he went to the home of a fellow practitioner where he was abducted, beaten, and cruelly tortured by the police from Section One of the Police Department of Fushun City, Liaoning Province. Police from the Liangzhan Street Police Station were also present to help extort a confession from him. After being tortured for the entire night, he was sent to the intensive control team in Wujiabao Forced Labor Camp. In June 2002, Wei Zaixin was sent to the No.2 Detention Center in Shizilou, Jiangjun District by the Jiangjun Police Station in Fushun City to await his sentence. While Wei was detained there, the police in the detention center instigated criminal inmates to inhumanly abuse him. In July, the Police Department sent him, who was on the verge of death due to torture, to the city hospital and asked his family members to pick him up. On November 15, 2002, because he was so seriously injured from the torture by the police, he failed to respond to any medical treatment and passed away.

The pictures of Mr. Wei Zaixin, taken in the hospital, show that he had been in coma at that time. A witness said that, before Mr. Wei passed away, it seemed that he had aged 20 years since before his detainment; his whole body was swollen. Because family members were not allowed to visit him or send him clothes, his body was covered with festering wounds after his long period of detainment. He could not stand, sit, or lie down. This elderly gentleman was in pain every minute. He was forced to sleep near the toilet, where prisoners would trample and step all over him. The old man suffered brutal torture and humiliation. The prisoners would often pull down his pants when he was unguarded. His pants were thickly covered with blood and skin. The prison guards would order the prisoners to pull down his pants when they saw that Wei's blood, flesh and skin had dried and stuck to his pants again. They repeatedly tortured and maliciously humiliated him. Under the instigation of the prison guards, the persecution of Wei by the prisoners escalated steadily. In order to destroy Wei both physically and mentally, the prisoners spared no means to further his suffering.

A staff member at the School of Advanced Technological Studies in Fushun City confirmed that Wei died in November to the reporter from Falun Dafa Information Center. However, the staff member seemed very nervous when answering the questions and refused to release any more details.

Case 7

Li Xiumei, female, 58 years old, was a resident of Dalian City, Liaoning Province.

Li Xiumei was illegally detained in the Yaojia Detention Center in Dalian City. She went on a hunger strike to protest the persecution. She was hospitalized when she was already on the verge of death. She died after a failed medical emergency rescue.

Mrs. Li was removed from her cell and force-fed two days before her death. She was exhausted upon her return. She said, "They pinched my nose and covered my mouth so that I couldn't breathe. They tried to suffocate me." She also said, "In what they force-fed me, there was a mind-altering drug." The next day, Li Xiumei was pulled out of her cell once again. No one saw her after that. According to inside information, there were also other Falun Dafa practitioners who were nearly tortured to death with her. At that time the doctors said, "If she dies, we'll say that she died of heart disease."

Parties directly responsible for Mrs. Li's death:
Policewoman Lu, Yimei

Case 8

Li, Zhongmin, male, 31 years old, was a resident of Dalian City, Liaoning

Mr. Li was torture to death on March 3, 2003.

In 2001, Li Zhongmin was illegally arrested by the Kaifa District Public Security Office of Dalian City, Liaoning Province and brutally tortured by Liu Wei and other policemen with high voltage electric-shock batons. Liu Wei ordered a couple of police to force Li Zhongmin against a brick and then used his foot to step on Li Zhongmin's head very forcefully. Li Zhongmin's forehead was gashed open at several locations and his jacket was torn into pieces, but he escaped that night. He was again illegally arrested by the Dalian City Police Department on January 12, 2002. His hands and feet were shackled, and he was held in the No. 7 cell, Yaojia Detention Center, Dalian City, Liaoning Province. He was tortured while in detention, and this was reported earlier on the website. Later he was secretly and illegally sentenced to 15 years in jail. He was transferred to Dabei Prison in Shenyang City and subjected to constant torture until his death on March 4, 2003. When he died, some witnesses saw numerous wounds on his body, with bloodstains on the back of his head and a big area of bruises on his inner thighs. There were many red marks on his back, and his eye sockets were deeply sunken in. After being arrested, Li Zhongmin refused to cooperate with the police's demands. Over the course of more than one year of detention, he went on hunger strikes to protest his illegal arrest and persecution. He suffered horrendous abuse and mistreatment, and as a result, at the age of 31, he looked like an old man.

The police department had all along regarded him as a "key person," and several police units had asked the higher authorities to reward their "achievements" in arresting him. The higher authorities they had petitioned included Dalian City Police Department, Jinzhou District Police Department, Wafangdian Police Department, Pulandian Police Department, among others.

Zhongmin's brother, Li Zhongke, also a Falun Gong practitioner, is being held and abused in Dalian City Labor Camp. Not long after hearing of Li Zhongmin's death, his maternal grandmother was burdened with extreme sorrow and passed away as a result.

In the Kaifa District Public Security Office, Liu Wei (over forty years old), Vice Director of the "610 Office," Sun Deshun, Director of the "610 Office," and several other police officers are the main people responsible for persecuting practitioners. Liu Wei is especially cruel. He brutally tortured practitioners regardless of their ages and gender, and because of his brutality towards practitioners he was recognized by his superiors with a "Third Degree Award."

Case 9

Zheng Wei, male, was a Falun Gong practitioner in Dalian city of liaoning province.

Zheng Wei, who was handicapped by a severe hunchback condition, had been illegally detained at Dalian Labor Camp for re-education through labor because of his firm belief in Falun Gong. During the detention period, the labor camp did not show any sympathy for his condition. Instead they tortured him, treated him inhumanely, humiliated him and made fun of him. He died shortly after his release in April of 2001. Because information was blocked, the reporter did not receive details of his death until one year later.

Both Dalian Labor Camp and the Dalian Judicial Bureau have refused to answer questions concerning Falun Gong practitioners. Officials in charge are afraid to take phone calls from reporters. The Law Department of Dalian Judicial Bureau told the reporter that due to some known reasons, we did not handle Falun Gong cases nor had we accepted these cases.

Case 10

Zou, Wenzhi, male, was 54 years old. He was from Dalian city. He had been an assistant engineer in the Alkali Manufacturing Plant of Dalian Dahua Corporation. in Dalian City of Liaoning Province. He had lived in the Juxin District of Jinzhou County.

He started practicing Falun Gong in 1995. On October 16, 2000, he was brought to the company's security office while he was working. The security guards brutally beat him to force him to give up his belief in Falun Gong. He was beaten to death. At 3:00pm, his body was moved to the mortuary of Dahua hospital.

They started beating Zou Wenzhi at 8:00 am. They didn't stop beating him until about 3:00pm or 4:00pm. In the evening, the head of his department went to Zou Wenzhi's home and lied to his wife, "Your husband suddenly died from a heart attack." His wife said that Zou Wenzhi had never had a heart problem. When the entire family went to the mortuary to see Zou Wenzhi's body, they could not even recognize the original color of his skin, which was covered with bruises and injuries from the beating.
The medical examiner verified that, although the skin had not been broken, he had suffered severe damage to all of his organs, including his heart. His spine was broken as well. At the home of Zou Wenzhi's parents, Jiang, deputy director of the 2nd division of the local police department, who was the person that beat Mr. Zou to death, knelt down in front of Mr. Zou's parents and his wife. He abused himself by slapping his own face. He tried to give 20,000 Yuan to keep Mr. Zou's parents' silence, but they refused to accept it.

Realizing that this was a terrible crime, they tried to block the news. They secretly cremated Zou Wenzhi's body and did not allow anyone other than his relatives to attend his funeral. They also arranged to have over ten police cars, regular cars, and minivans monitor the funeral. The relatives were threatened and dare not tell the truth. His parents who are over 80 years old was so sad that they cried for their son every day.

Dalian City's No. 2 Police Department and the Dahua Corporation spread lies claiming Zou Wenzhi committed suicide and threatened his family and relatives. On the other hand, they offered to compensate the family with 200,000 Yuan, made the adjustment to Zou's family's house and gave his son a job offer in order to hide their crime.

Jiang, deputy director of the 2nd division of the local police department.

Case 11

Kou, Xiaoping

Due to her practice of Falun Gong, Kou, Xiaoping was abducted by the Public Security Bureau of Anshan City in November 2000 as she was walking to her work place. Because she refused to write the statement of promising not to practice Falun Gong anymore, she was illegally detained for 15 days in the Third jail in Anshan City, after 15 days, another 15 days was extended to her. When she was under detention, security personnel from the City Public Security Bureau interrogated her several times and each time, they would torture her. One day, she was taken away from her ceil around 8 am in the morning and was brought back until 6 pm, the policemen twisted one of her hands around her head, another hand was wrapped around her back and she was hung over there for the whole day, while at the same time, Kou, Xiaoping was brutally tortured, leaving bruises everywhere on her body, her two thumbs became numb after that. In the next day, she could not get up from her bed (some policemen from the Third jail also witnessed the scars on her body). 10 days later, Kou, Xiaoping was transferred to the Second jail; many other Falun Gong practitioners were also being persecuted here.

Kou, Xiaoping was illegally detained in the Second jail for more than one month, and in February of 2001, she was illegally sentenced to 2 years in prison, she was then taken to a labor camp. In the camp, she was forced to "brainwash", and was not allowed to sleep for more than one month, and for more than one year, day in and day out, she was under consistent harassment, eventually, she was left with severe damages to both her body and mind. Because Kou, Xiaoping refused to abandon her belief in Falun Dafa, She was then taken to a very strictly-managed class, and she suffered even more damages to her body and mind, and completely lost her personal freedom there; even visit to the restroom was also under surveillance. In order to resist the persecution, Kou, Xiaoping started to undergo hunger strike on 14th, February of 2002, at the sixth day, she was forced to eat foods, and at the seventh day, she became sick and was sent to the Central Hospital. After exam, the doctors decided to keep her in the hospital, but the labor camp staff forced to bring Kou, Xiaoping back to the camp, claiming nothing to worry about, and saying that Kou would recover after she ate some foods. On 22nd , February,2002 (the 8th day after hunger strike), she was taken back to the hospital as her sickness deteriorated, at that time, it was impossible to rescue her, and Kou, Xiaoping died that same day.

After the death of Kou Xiaoping, the police department tried to cover up the whole issue. They intimidated Kou's family members and forced Kou's husband to sign on a document which claimed that Kou died of natural cause, and the prison had nothing to do with her death. Kou's family sufferings were completely ignored by the police. The police also requested that whenever Kou's family or friends wanted to see her body, they must first notify the police and get the approval from the police department, and also, the police must be present, while the body must be taken care of by the labor camp, any photography, videotaping or news media report was forbidden, otherwise, Kou's family would have to bear any so-called consequences. When demanded by Kou's sister as why the police had already claimed that they had nothing do with the death and death itself was of natural cause, then how come they still wanted to control everything and everything must first be approved by them, one official called Zhang, Zhengyan from the labor camp rudely responded as saying that the victim's parents had no rights to speak out.

Zhang, Zhengyan, an official from the labor camp.

Case 12

Yuan, Zhongyu,

Mr. Yuan, was illegally put into prison in 1999 because of his personal belief in Falun Gong.

Around 16th, August of 2001, Yuan was about to leave a fellow practitioner's residence to spread truth information about Falun Gong, a relative informed the police department about him, and Yuan was arrested by the Public Security Bureau of Anshan City. He was then brought to a secret underground dungeon in the City Public Security Bureau, and was brutally tortured by the No. 1 department of the City Public Security Bureau, after that, the security staff left Yuan alone and went to a bar. One week later, someone smelt rotten smells from the underground ceil, and only then, it was realized that Yuan was dead. Officials from the Bureau went to arrest Yuan's wife in fear of her breaking the news out, and began to completely cover up the whole issue. They didn't allow Yuan' family members to take a look at the body, only after a long period of time, did they ask Yuan's family to cremate the body. One family member had the chance to take a look at the body while the guard was out, it was found that Yuan's body had bruises, his chest and abdominal area appeared purple dark.

Yuan's wife Cheng, Guifeng, female, 46 years old, lived in Qiubao, Anshan City of Liaoning Province. After Yuan, Zhongyu was beaten to death by Anshan City Public Security Bureau, Cheng was illegally arrested by the No. 1 department of Anshan City Public Security Bureau on 19th, August of 2000 and then detained in the Anshan City jail, right after that, without any procedures, she was sent to a penitentiary, it's been two years since then and she is still illegally detained there. Officials from the penitentiary claimed that they were taking care of Cheng because of safety concerns about her. It was said by some police staff, that, if her husband's persecution was ever reported in the minhui internet web page, the police department would then sentence Cheng, and that was why they'd like to hold her in the penitentiary right now. Cheng's body and mind were severely damaged, and her physical strength was very feeble, her heart beat rapidly, and she felt pressure on her chest, shortness in breath. Frequently, she would feel ill during the nights.

Case 13

Sun, Xueyan), female, 72 years old, lived in the 7th group, 31 subdivision, Qichaihong community, Guanshan administrative area, Beipiao City of Liaoning Province.

Sun, Xueyan was abducted by the local Security Bureau of Beipiao City and detained in the Beipiao jail for several times because of her spread of the truth news about the persecution of Falun Gong , and she was not allowed to sleep for 6 day all together. In November of 2002, Yun was once again detained in the Beipiao jail, there, she went on a hunger strike to protest the persecution, later on, her life was in danger so she was released from the prison. After coming back home, she was having a high fever and her fever just remained. She died on 23rd, January of 2003.

In the early morning of 30th, January, 2002, Sun, Xueyan went out to spread truth news, three ruffians, who had been watching over Sun all the time, forced and dragged Sun to the local security bureau. The bureau chief kicked her 7 times with his leather shoes on, and then the chief poured a big jar of cold tea on her, after that, the chief from the 610 office poured another big jar of cold water on Sun. Sun's face was covered with water, tea foams were all over her face, and her body was also wet. At that time, it was right in the middle of winter, chilly winds pierced through one's bones, the policemen forced her to stand right at the entrance to a big street, and they also put a big cardboard beside Sun, on which it read "the person who posts Falun Gong flyers", so that people would recognize her. They asked local TV station to videotape Sun, and showed the tape several times in the local area. The local newspapers also reported her abduction. Sun's home was ransacked, many Dafa materials and some equipment were taken away, the worth of the equipments should be around 20,000 to 30,000 Yuan (Chinese currency).

The Public Security Bureau interrogated Sun for 6 days, four people took turns to watch over her, and Sun was not allowed to sleep for 6 days, each day, she was asked to tell where she got the Dafa materials and the equipments. Sun didn't eat anything throughout that time. At the 6th day, she was taken to another office to be questioned, but the police department yielded nothing from her, Sun was finally put into the jail.

At the 8th day after her hunger strike, that afternoon, Sun felt extremely exhausted, she was then released from the prison because the policemen were afraid that she might die in the jail and they were afraid of consequences. At the 3rd day after Sun came back home, as she was still laying in the bed, around 1:30AM, 4 policemen came and kicked off the door and ransacked Sun's home again. As soon as the Chinese Spring Festival was over, consistent police surveillance came upon Sun. Everyday, there would be one police car parked right under the apartment where Sun lived, and it lasted for two weeks. After the police car was gone, the local public security would send staff to Sun's home every two or three days, harassing her, ransacking her belongings.

It was in the afternoon, around 5 PM, on 17th, July of 2002, the local public security bureau sent out 4 to 5 policemen to Sun's residence and abducted her to the local public security bureau. There, Sun was detained for 15 days, and the bureau then blackmailed Sun's daughter for 1500 Yuan, after that, they released Sun.

On 6th, November of 2002 (right before the 16th Chinese Central Government's National Delegation Meeting was held), some policemen from the local bureau again ran into Sun's house and forced her into the police car, and took her to the bureau for detention. Sun began to go on a hunger strike to resist the persecution, during the hunger strike, she fainted, and her fever remained, her life was in danger. The local bureau reported the case to some upper security bureau, and was told that Sun could not be released because it was right during the period when the 16th National Delegation Meeting was being held. Only at 18th of November would Sun be released. In 13th of November, Sun's life was hung in a thin thread, Beipiao City mayor finally decided to let Sun go home.

When Sun was taken home by her family, her fever still remained, and she could not eat anything, she lost control of her excretory organs and died on 23rd, January of 2003.

Case 14

Yu, Xiuling,, female, 32 years old, lived in No. 7 Group, Tuchenzi Village, Damiao
Town, Zaoyan County of Liaoning Province?

Because of her practice of Falun Gong, Yu was arrested from her residence by the Public Security Bureau of Longcheng District, Zaoyan City on 14th, September of 2001, and she was then illegally detained in the Shijiazi jail. In the 6th day after her detention, or, on 19th of September, at 8 AM in the morning, Yu was taken to the branch bureau of the Longcheng District. The police forced here to give up practicing Falun Gong, and asked her about where she got all the truth news information. Yu refused to give up her belief and insisted that there was nothing wrong in practicing Falun Gong. During the interrogation, the policy and security chief Wang X and Sun X and some other policemen, with no scruple whatsoever, beat and tortured Yu all the time in order to yield something from Yu. Yu, Xiuling was handcuffed to the bladders of a gas heater, and was not released until 9PM at night, all together 13 hours, she was under excruciating torture, and as a result, she was barely breathing. At that time, the police became nervous, some suggested that she be taken to the hospital, someone said, "no, if the hospital can't rescue her, we will be in trouble as how to tell the news to others" Wang, Sun and some other evil people then decided to throw Yu off from the 4 story office building to kill her even though Yu was still alive so that they could cover up the crime and stop the exposure of their evil deeds. At that night, around 12 PM, they hurriedly cremated Yu's body. Right before the cremation, the police department notified Yu's husband Hong, Dianxiang and told him that Yu committed suicide by jumping off from the building, and they threatened Hong as saying that wherever you wanted to appeal for this case, just go ahead, they had orders from upper security bureau that it could never be too much as how inhuman and brutal Falun Gong was persecuted. Hong had no chance to take a close look at Yu's injuries, but he found that Yu's arm was broken, her lower body appeared purple-green.

It was revealed to our correspondence by some insider from the Public Security Bureau that, right after the incidence, the Longcheng Public Security Bureau had held a meeting, and asked everybody to reach a consensus that Yu, Xiuling committed suicide by jumping off from a building. The next article was from Boxing Net, it provides more details for proof.

In 19th of September, Yu was thrown off from a 4-story building by some policemen from the Longcheng Public Security Bureau of Zaoyan City, and was killed even when the victim was still alive. When this news was spread to overseas, people were shocked. In 25th, and 27th of September, the politic-law committee in Zaoyan City of Liaoning Province had issued orders twice to the Zaoyan Public Security Bureau, that no body was allowed to leak the news to un-related personnel (especially overseas media). However, there is no wall under heaven that does not have any crack for the wind to go through, one civil policeman from the Longcheng Public Security Bureau, who happened to be a relative to some officials within the Zaoyan City party header-quarter for the Chinese Democratic Party. From this policeman, we almost completely learnt of the details of Yu, Xiuling's death.

From that policeman's description, we can conclude that Yu, Xiuling might be in a coma at that time, she was not dead. Those people who took part in the persecution of Yu wanted to evade the responsibilities, and rescind the case so they decided to kill Yu by throwing her off from the 4 story building, and Yu was killed even though she was still alive. That's the truth about Yu, Xiuling's death.

the policy and security chief Wang X and Sun X are responsible for the death of Yu, xiuling.

Case 15

Zeng Xianmei, female, was 63 years old. She was living in Lushunkou District, Dalian City of Liaoning Province.

Zeng started practicing Falun Gong in 1995. On August 9, 2001, when she was doing housework in her daughter's home at Sanyuan Street of Xigang District (her daughter was not at home at the time), policemen from the Xigang District, Branch of Dalian Public Security Bureau broke into the home through the window after Zeng refused to open the door. Policemen illegally ransacked her daughter's home and found Falun Gong books and some other materials. They used this as an excuse to take Zeng Xianmei away for "interrogation." On August 14, it suddenly became known that Zeng had passed away. According to internal sources, her body was full of wounds and bruises.

Zeng Xianmei's family saw her on the day before her death. In a period as short as one day, such an elderly lady lost her precious life.

Mr. Zhang Zeyuan who is Ms. Zeng's husband wrote the following record.

We really could not believe that the elderly lady, who had been so healthy and optimistic a few days ago and who was always so kind to others, had suddenly died so tragically. It was unbearable to see my wife's naked remains under the white sheets. Although her head was wrapped with gauze, a bloodstain, which was as big as a fist, could still be seen near her cerebellum through the gauze, which indicated there was injury there. Protruding black bruises were covering her right eye. There was a round black and blue injury about 1 or 2 cm in diameter under the lower jaw, and about 2 or 3 cm inside the middle of the lip. On the right shoulder, there was a large area covered with bruises and some skin had worn off in the middle of the area. Black and blue bruises and injuries were also found on the right costal (rib) area, left waist, and right hip. The backs of her hands were badly swollen. There was a wound on the lower left leg, covered with gauze, with blood on it. The backs of her two feet were swollen and covered with small cuts. We also found her bloody clothes in the garbage can in the bathroom. Anybody can easily judge the cause of the death through these injuries and bruises of different sizes and types on the various areas of my wife's body.

When we asked for my wife's emergency treatment record, the hospital authorities claimed that they were still working on it. After we kept requesting, a female doctor told us that the police sent my wife to the hospital at about 1:10 PM and she died around 5:10 PM. There was no blood transfusion during the several-hour emergency treatment even though she was over 60 years old and had lost a lot of blood. How could she survive by herself without any blood transfusion? Later the hospital demanded the relatives to pay the expense for the emergency treatment in order to see the record.

After taking away a person alive, the Xigang police department did not issue or process any legal documents. Five days later, what they returned to us was a corpse, completely covered with bruises and wounds. After the tragedy happened, they didn't inform the relatives. Instead, they blocked the news and delayed the time on purpose to prevent the relatives from seeing her on-site. What's more, they demanded that we pay the costs. It is totally unreasonable and was not carried out according to law.

Until now, we still cannot understand why my wife was tortured to death so tragically just because she practiced Falun Gong. Why? A life was taken away during the 5-day detention in a law enforcement agency of the state. Why did this happen? It became a question, which nobody could answer.

I know that she can't come back after she dies. But I hope that relevant leaders and government departments in this socialist country, which claims to have "a perfect legal system," can one day give us a satisfactory answer, the family of the deceased.

If what I have written down here is not true, I am willing to be punished by the Law of the heavens.

Case 16

Zou, Guirong, female, 36 years old, she used to be a worker at Xinbin County's Public Highway System in Fushun City, Liaoning Province.

There are 25 articles in Minhui that tell the story of her persecutions for the last two years.

In 1999, Zou Guirong was put into the jail because she went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong, she had been sent to many different places for illegal detentions, they are, the labor camp in Fushun City, the Masanjia labor camp, the Zhangshi labor camp, the Shenxin labor camp and the underground prison hospital at the Dabei jail in Shenyang City. In August of 2001, Zou Guirong was forced to eat food and she suffered chest pain, her electrocardiogram showed signs of abnormality, the labor camp had to allow Zou's family to take her back home. However, only a few days later, Song Junlin, the Political and Legal Committee Secretary of Xinbin County instigated the local police to break into Ms. Zou's home, took her away by force and secretly transferred her to Fushun City's Wujiabao Forced Labor Camp

Forced to commit suicide in Masanjia labor camp

Zou Guirong had twice written correspondences for Minhui, in the article "My experience inside Masanjia labor camp", she detailed the brutal beatings, shocks from electric batons, physical abuses, personal insults, deprivation of sleeps and foods that she had experienced in the camp. On 13th, November of 2000, six or seven inmates led by warden Qiu Ping started to beat Zou for more than three hours, as a result, Zou lost control of her urinary organs, and her face was swollen, one of her eyes was almost closed; On 17th, October of 2000, because Zou Guirong exposed the persecutions in Masanjia labor camp, warden Zhang Xiurong grabbed her neck and said: "I am just going to persecute you today". Zhang also took out a knife from one of drawers of an office desk, and pushed Zou to cut her veins to kill herself.

Forced feeding in a surveillance hospital

When Zou was in the Dabei jail underground surveillance hospital, she started to undergo a hunger strike to protest the persecution, and was forced to be fed food. She described in the article that two male cellmates held her head and pinched her neck and other parts of her body, the back of her head was heavily pushed against the wall. They tried to insert a tube into her throat to feed her, but failed for more than ten times, and they asked her to spit out the blood, one male inmate was so angry that he grabbed Zou's hair and forcefully threw her against the wall. One old nurse whose last name was Zhu came right up and slapped on Zou's face twice, and she also kicked Zou's legs; spitefully, with her teeth biting together, the old nurse said to Zou: "I am definitely going to feed you today, I am just going to use Fascism to treat such a heroine like you". At that time, Zou had to undergo more than thirty times of forced feeding and the torture lasted for two hours.

Torture in Wujiabao labor camp caused lose control of excretory organs

As reported in Minhui on 30th, January of 2002, Wujiabao labor camp, together with the Second People's Hospital in Wushun City, had set up a special place just to persecute Falun Gong practitioners. When Zou was in that place, she was forced tube-feeding and intravenous shots almost everyday; warden Liu Baochai stepped on her face with leather boots on his feet, and forcefully muffled Zou's mouth with a towel while one nurse inserted a half-inch thick tube through Zou's nose, occasionally rubbing off the blood steins from the tube. Warden Liu Baochai said: "Feed her every once for a while, and let her lay on the bed, urinating or excreting, nobody should be allowed to help her". As a result of the persecution, Zou lost control of her excretory organs.

On 11th, April of 2002, Zou Guirong together with some eleven other fellow practitioners such as Wang Xiaoyie were again abducted, and they were put into the Shizi Tower jail in Jiangjun District, Wushun City. There, the practitioners started a collective hunger strike to protest the unreasonable persecution. Zou was forced to be fed and suffered tortures to both her body and mind. On 23rd of April, Zou tried to flee the jail; she fell off and injured herself. She was hospitalized but it became impossible to rescue her and she died in Wushun city hospital.

Officials from the "610" office in Xinbin county admitted that it was them whose sent Zou Guirong to the Wujiabao labor camp, and they claimed that Falun Gong was a political struggle.

Case 17

Fang Lihong, male, 38 years old, was a native of Anshan City, LiaoningProvince. He was a former traffic officer with the Anshan City Police Department.

On February 8, 2002 Fang was tortured to death by officers at the Quanzhou City Police Department in Fujian Province.

After Jiang's regime began its persecution against Falun Gong on July 20,1999, Mr. Fang continued to practice Falun Gong and refused to renounce hisbelief in "Truthfulness, Compassion and Tolerance." As a result, he was
illegally detained in the police station where he had worked. During his initialdetention, four other officers kept a constant watch over him. Severalmonths later the authorities transferred him by force to the city'sbrainwashing class, but he still refused to give up his beliefs. A monthlater, the police station sent him to the Anshan City mental hospital (thenotorious Kangning Hospital) to torture him for sixteen months. During thisperiod of time, the mental hospital and the police station authoritiesthreatened, intimidated, and tortured him, but couldn't shake his righteous

According to a report in the Chinese Times newspaper, on August 27, 2002, Mr. Fang was sent to a mental hospital. He escaped from there and then spoke with foreign media. Last year, when he talked with the Washington Post, he said, "I do not have any mental illnesses, but I was forced to stay with mental patients for 16 months." Mr. Fang said that in Heilongjiang Anshan Kangning mental hospital, he was forced to take drugs everyday. Later, the hospital gave him drugs and asked him to go back to his room to take the drugs. He said, the doctor told him that they knew he was not sick, but they had to give him the treatment under orders from their supervisor. During the forty-five minutes he spoke with the Washington Post, Mr. Fang talked rationally and was very clear.

Because of pressure and harassment from the police station, Fang Lihong, his wife, and son were forced to leave home and become destitute. In December 2001, while telling people the facts about Falun Gong, they were illegally arrested by the Quanzhou City Police Department in Fujian Province. The police searched their living quarters and confiscated everything. The entire family was detained in the Quanzhou City Detention Center, where they suffered inhumane torture. The police deprived them of sleep for several days in order to extort a confession, not even sparing their twelve-year-old son, who was threatened and intimidated and emotionally scarred as a result. Refusing to cooperate with the evil forces, Mr. and Mrs. Fang went on a hunger strike to protest. Thirteen days later, on the verge of death, Mrs. Fang was released. Fang Lihong remained illegally imprisoned until he was tortured to death on February 8, 2002.

A doctor from Anshan Kangning mental hospital has verified that Mr. Fang was treated in the hospital previously and that they already know that Mr. Fang is dead, but he would not say more about his case.

Case 18

Sun, Yuhua, female, 37 years old, lived in the Jiefang Stationary Office Building, Tiedong District, Anshan City, Liaoning Province.

Sun was beaten to death by the police of Dabei Prison on the morning of April 11, 2003.

At the end of October 2001, she was forced into homelessness to avoid being kidnapped and taken to a brainwashing facility.

In June 2002, she was arrested by officers from Dongerbao Police Department, and was severely tortured.
However, she maintained an unshakable belief in Falun Dafa and respect for her teacher, so she refused to cooperate with the evil forces, and protested by holding a hunger strike. When she was on the brink of death she was released. Four months later, before she had completely recovered from the previous persecution, the police from Dongerbao Public Security Bureau forced open her front door, broke into her room, and again arrested her. In March of 2003, she was illegally sentenced to four years in prison, and on April 4th, she was sent to the Dabei Prison of Shenyang City. On April 11th, she was tortured to death. Her body was covered with all kinds of bruises, including blisters on her ribs resulting from electric shocks.

Sun was beaten to death by police on the morning of April 11, 2003. Police did not notify her family until the next day. Her medical file listed the cause of death as "myocardial infarction." The time of death was marked as 10:30 AM, April 11, 2003. Although they made up her face, there were still very visible marks caused from the electric baton shocks and bruises from the beatings. Her family members were threatened not to reveal any information to the public, and the prison attempted to prevent any information about the death from becoming public knowledge.

Her husband is also a Falun Dafa practitioner, and he was arrested when explaining the facts about Falun Dafa and was illegally sentenced to Anshan City's forced-labor camp. Left behind is a son, attending elementary school, living with his grandmother.

Case 19

Zhang, Li, female, 40 years old, was a resident at Tiexi District, Anshan City, Liaoning Province.
On March 19, 2002, lawless police kidnapped Zhang Li and sent her into Anshan City Detention Center. During the period of her illegal detention, Zhang Li suffered all kinds of tortures until she was on the verge of death.
On August 27, 2002, attempts to revive Zhang Li failed and she died in thecity hospital.

Zhang Li was forced to leave home after July 20, 1999. On March 19, 2002, the Lishan District Police Department of Anshan City illegally kidnapped her, along with five other practitioners of Falun Gong who were living in the same place and were arrested along with her. During the period of her illegal detention, she was tortured with every method imaginable and passed out several times. Her face was lacerated from being beaten. Later, she was illegally sentenced to life in prison. During her imprisonment, the police interrogated and tortured her cruelly on many different occasions. She held a hunger strike, and the police sent Zhangli to the city hospital for force-feeding. They also handcuffed and shackled her after throwing her into the lobby. She was dying and many people went to look at her out of curiosity. Somebody said, "She is dying but is still in handcuffs, so she must have received the death penalty." The police said, "She is a Falun Gong practitioner."

Zhang, Li was questioned many times during the period of her illegal detention in the First Detention Center. Every time when she came back from questioning, her body was covered in blood and her skin was full of lacerations from being cut with a knife.

On August 27, 2002, while the police were questioning Zhang Li, she was beaten to the verge of death, and she was sent to the city hospital. A police officer ordered a doctor, "Don't treat her!" In response, the doctor asked the policeman to sign a document because the police officer asked him to forsake a life, thus breaking his professional oath. The police left Zhang Li in the hospital and had someone watch her. Zhang Li died on the same day. Her body was cremated and was buried in Anshan City Qianqiu Cemetery. After her death, the police tried to block all information, threatened Zhang Li's family not to contact outsiders and confiscated all pictures from her home. They also hastily cremated Zhang Li's body without permission from the family. The police covered her body with white clothing in order to hide the evidence of their crimes.

Case 20

Qiu, Zhiyan, male, 35 years old, was a resident of Benxi City, Liaoning Province. He was an employee of Benxi City General Steel and Iron Factory. He has a B.S. degree.

Mr. Qiu went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong seven times. In September 1999, he was escorted back to Benxi and again unlawfully detained. He began practicing the Falun Gong exercises right after he was sent to the detention center. When a policeman named Jing Shanhu found out about this, he hung Mr. Qiu up in the "stretching room," a place where archaic torture methods are used. (The "stretching rooms" were built imitating an ancient, cruel torture in which the prisoner's body was pulled and torn into pieces by five horses that went off in different directions.) Mr. Qiu was "stretched" repeatedly, three times on each occasion, totaling 25 days. Most of Qiu's time in the detention center was spent enduring the agonizing torture of being stretched.

October 29, 1999, Mr. Qiu was unlawfully sentenced to three years in Benxi City's Weiningying Forced Labor Camp. He insisted on practicing Falun Gong in the labor camp. Politics Secretary Chen Zhongwei and Deputy Labor Camp Director Wu Gang personally organized the torture of Mr. Qiu. They took turns torturing Qiu with the aid of more than ten thugs. They tortured him in all kinds of cruel ways including beatings with electric batons and rubber clubs, tying him up with rope, and other means. They tortured Mr. Qiu until he passed out and then threw him into a tiny, solitary cell. The police were unable to make him give up his belief, so they exhausted all means to torture him.

Since the winter temperature in northern China was lower than -30ºC[-22ºF], the lengthy working hours outside caused frostbite on Mr. Qiu's hands. All of his ten fingers were swollen, black and blue and oozing pus.

To protest this cruel persecution at Weiningying Forced Labor Camp, Mr. Qiu started a hunger strike. The police cuffed his hands and feet to the bed, hit him with seven to eight electric batons that were tied together in a bundle, and tortured him through brutal force-feeding. No matter how violent the police were, Qiu's eyes were always slightly closed and he said nothing, from the beginning to the end. No matter how the policemen beat or tortured him, he never even moaned. Tired from the beating, the policemen panted and said, "This person is impervious to pain. Beating him does not work." In this way, Mr. Qiu successfully protested for ten days with a hunger strike by sitting on his bed, not even making the slightest movement. On the last day, the police could not go on anymore and they completely collapsed. After obtaining approval from the higher authorities, the police falsely declared Qiu as "psychotic" and then sent him to a mental hospital. At the mental hospital, Mr. Qiu was injected with drugs, but this fact was concealed from people outside the hospital. Qiu held another ten-day hunger strike. Finally in February 2000, he walked out of the mental hospital in a dignified manner.

After his incarceration in the labor camp, Mr. Qiu went to Beijing for an 8th time. When he walked to Jinzhou City on foot, his elderly father took him back home, so this trip could not be completed.

In October 2000, because of his family's unwillingness to help and the government's curtailing of Dafa practitioners' finances, Mr. Qiu began his 9th trip to Beijing barefoot and with only 5 Yuan [less than 1 US dollar] in his pocket. When he finally arrived at Xingcheng City (part of Beijing), the local police arrested him and tortured him to death.

Case 21

Li, Hongwei, male, 52 years old, was a resident of Qianjing Street, Shuangta District, Chaoyang City, Liaoning Province. He was an employee at the Agriculture Mechanical Company in Chaoyang City, Liaoning Province.

On the morning of September 26, 2002, Mr. Li was abducted by police from Qianjing Police Station when he went shopping. He was sent to Wujiawa Detention Center. On October 7, he was torture to death. Under supervision of the police, his family members checked his corpse and found his body scared from torture.

Li Hongwei had poor health and a bad temper before practicing Falun Gong cultivation. He started to practice Falun Gong in March 1996, and very quickly regained his health and became a kind person. His family became harmonious and he lived a happy life.

In July 20, 1999, Jiang Zemin began persecuting Falun Gong, and Li Hongwei and his fellow practitioners went to Beijing to appeal. They planned on telling the leadership of the country of their own experiences in practicing Falun Gong and the benefits in body and mind they had attained. They were abducted on the way to Beijing, and Li was sent to a detention center for ten days because he refused to give up his belief in Falun Gong and his right to appeal. In the detention center, the guards always beat him badly for practicing the exercises. Later, Li and over one hundred practitioners were sent to a brainwashing class in the city's forced-labor camp, which was located in Xidayingzhi. On September 24, vicious people slandered Falun Dafa in a meeting held by the brainwashing class. When Li stood up to refute the malicious lies, wicked people dragged him out of the room. When many of the practitioners stood up to stop the evil people's intention, the authorities sent anti-riot police to suppress them. The perpetrators transferred Li and six other practitioners to the detention center, where Li was restrained with handcuffs and fetters. His abusers kept beating him and punched his right ear, puncturing his eardrum and almost causing him to go deaf.

On October 30, 1999, the authorities illegally sentenced Li to three years in a forced labor camp, and sent him to the second team of Chaoyang City Forced Labor Camp. In January 2002, because Li refused to renounce his belief, the perpetrators transferred him to the third group, where he was forced to take part in slave labor so heavy it overburdened the workers. In the thirteen or fourteen hours of labor from 5am through 8pm every day, each of the prisoners was forced to dig a ditch 1.2 - 1.5 m (4 - 5 ft) deep and 20 m (65 ft) long, or three holes 80 cm (2.6 ft) in diameter and 6 m (20 ft) in depth. Those who couldn't finish the quota would be beaten or be forced to stand still in the corridor for hours with the upper half of their body bent over (this type of bending at the waist is a cruel torture method designed to cause excruciating pain). The food was horrible. The authorities only supplied two meals indoors every day. Each meal consisted of two very small pieces of half-baked corn cake, which was mixed with sand and insects. At the labor site, they supplied three meals every day, with four small pieces of corn cake for breakfast and dinner, respectively, and a steamed bun for lunch. The prisoners hardly had a chance to taste a pickled vegetable (part of a common Chinese meal), and were served vegetables boiled with a mixture of salt water, sand and dirt. The Falun Gong practitioners were forced to do the hardest work and eat the least food. Without enough to eat, the common inmates would take a portion of the practitioners' food for themselves. Even though the practitioners worked hard, they nevertheless suffered physical abuse. The prisoners claimed, "The team leader said we have to beat Falun Gong practitioners." The political instructor, a vicious guard named Tong Xiaoli, instigated the police and inmates to beat the practitioners on different occasions. In January 2000, Li Hongwei and another practitioner were practicing the exercises in a cell, and Tong had Wang, Song, Jia and three other policemen drag Li and his fellow practitioner into the reception room, where the guards shocked them with high voltage electric batons and kicked their chests and necks with their boots. During the thirty minutes of torture, Li writhed with pain on the ground and his body became swollen from the electric shock. In February 2000, prisoner Gao Chunhai, was instigated by the guards and battered Li's face and head for over twenty minutes because they had found him practicing the Falun Gong exercises. Li's head and face were swollen, distorted and bruised. He had to use his fingers to help open his eyes. In August 2002, Tong Xiaoli directed prisoners to resort to violence in an attempt to brainwash Li Hongwei and another practitioner, Liu Chunhua. They then forced the two of them to kneel down in the yard under the burning sun for more than two hours. In August 2000, Li Hongwei was transferred back to the second team for brainwashing. In October 2000, he gave in to some of the authorities demands after being deceived by collaborators (former Falun Gong practitioners who accepted brainwashing and began assisting the police in brainwashing others) from the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp and was later released.

After being released, he realized he had been deceived into betraying his conscience, and he wrote a solemn statement to again adhere to Falun Dafa's principles of "Truth, Compassion, Tolerance" and rejoin the effort of saving lives by clarifying the facts about the persecution.

The Shuangta Branch of the Public Security Bureau, the Qianjin Police Station, and the city's "610 Office" [an agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary branches] joined efforts to abduct Li from his home on the morning of September 26, 2002. He was sent to the First Detention Center of Chaoyang. His home was searched and property confiscated. Li resisted this persecution with a hunger strike, accepting no food or water, and was force-fed by the police in the detention center. On October 1, he was force-fed for the first time. He was force-fed again on October 4.

On October 6, Li was seen being dragged out of his cell again by two people. He was unable to walk at all and looked extremely pale.

Li Hongwei may have been force-fed twice on that day. On the morning ofOctober 7, some people from the Emergency Center of Chaoyang came to the First Detention Center of Chaoyang, attempting revive Li Hongwei, but pronounced him dead shortly after their arrival. News about this case was sealed off by the detention center following Li's death.

On October 10, the police notified Li's family that Li died on October 7. Under supervision of the police, his family members checked his corpse. They found his back was black, with scars caused by large-scale electric shocktorture. His ears were also black and had traces of blood inside. In addition, his body had apparently been cleaned up. When a family member tried to take photos, the police beat him, injuring his arms, and then hand-cuffed him to a steam pipe for twenty-four hours. The police smashed the camera and exposed the film before making two points to Li's family: 1. The corpse would not be handed over to them, 2. Only a limited number of people would be allowed to see the cremation. The family members refused to let the police cremate the body. But on November 15, the Shuangta District Police Department told the family that they had to complete the cremation within three days. On November 18, without informing the family, the police secretly cremated the corpse. The family members didn't know about it until many days later.

A police officer from Chaoyang City, Qianjing Police station has verified the death of Mr. Li, but when asked for the cause of death, he said, "I can not tell you."

World Organization to Investigate the Persecution of Falun Gong

Mailing Address:P.O. Box 84, New york, NY 10116