Partial Facts About the Involvement of Wang Xudong
1. Biography of Wang Xudong
Wang Xudong was born in January 1946 in Yancheng city, Jiangsu province. He became the deputy secretary of the Chinese Communist Party Committee of Tianjin in May 1993. Later he became the deputy Organization Minister of the Central Committee of CCP, and the Chinese Communist Party fifteenth session of central alternate committee member. He was appointed as the Standing Committee and secretary of CCP of Hebei province. In November 2002, he was appointed as the deputy minister and the party group secretary of the Ministry of Information Industry. On March 17, 2003, he was appointed as the minister and the party group secretary of the Ministry of Information Industry.
2. A reporter named Wang Ying from Hebei Daily on August 30, 2001 wrote the following in a report titled “Province leaders watch the exhibit named anti-cult, promoting civilization”. Province party secretary Wang Xudong, deputy secretary Zhao Shiju, standing committee member and provincial military region commander Chen Yutian, general secretary and standing committee member Zhang Quansheng came to the Museum of Shijiazhuang and watched the large exhibit “anti-cult, promoting civilization” hosted there. The leaders watched the exhibit carefully and listened to the introduction of the staff at the same time. Everybody looked serious while looking at the pictures about how Falun Gong destroys life and disturbs the society. Wang Xudong said that the exhibit is good and it unveiled the anti-society and anti-human nature of Falun Gong using actual examples and educated people. He hopes that the exhibit can be viewed by more people including those transformed Falun Gong practitioners and family members of the victims so that they can further understand the ugly face of the cult and increase the self-consciousness and firmness of the struggle. It is especially important to educate the middle school and elementary school students so that they can establish the thought of anti-cult and promoting civilization at their childhood.
3. People’s Daily reported on July 19, 2001. It says that under the concern of Wang Xudong, the secretary of CCP of Hebei province, a Falun Gong practitioner and doctorate student Sun Jingmei returned to campus after the “transformation”. A self-sponsored doctorate graduate student Sun Jingmei from Tianjun University of Traditional Chinese Medicine started practicing Falun Gong in May 1998 and got addicted. In March 4, 2000, she went to Jijiang Road neborhood in Hebei district, Tianjin City to attend illegal Falun Gong activity and was caught by the police. She was put in 15 days detention. Because Sun violated the law repeatedly and wouldn’t show regret after education, the college expelled her from school. Sun Jingmei’s husband wrote a letter to Hebei CCP secretary Wang Xudong and asked him to help with Sun’s education. Wang Xudong instructed the relevant departments to help her immediately after receiving the letter. Under the patient help and education from different levels of party organization in Shijiazhuang city and Hebei province, Sun Jingmei regretted and broke up with Falun Gong. 
4. Yanzhou Mining Industry report. Chinese Communist Party Hebei Provincial Party Committee Secretary Wang Xudong said in his speech given at the Hebei Provincial ideological and political working conference, “The major mission of this provincial ideological and political working conference is to study and implement the spirit of the Central CCP’s ideological and political working conference and the spirit of Comrade Jiang Zemin’s important speech, to analyze the situation confronted by our provincial ideological and political work, and assign our provincial ideological and political work in this period of time…. We should also realize that under the influence of various international and domestic factors, the ideological and political battle has never ceased. That some opinions appeared from time to time over the past several years against the Marxism and the socialism indicated this. The emergence of ‘Falun Gong’ further more indicates the complexity and keenness of the battle in the field of ideology and politics. … Some people had a crisis in belief and yearn toward the western world. They don’t believe that socialism is better than the capitalism. Some people’s will became flagging, and vacuum emerged in their mind. Some people even repose their mind in feudalistic superstition. Some people’s political consciousness, party character and conception and their dedication have been declined. They even got themselves involved in the ‘Falun Gong’ cult organization.” 
5. A report on December 1, 2001 in Hebei Daily Newspaper: Wang Xudong made a speech on behalf of the fifth session of the CCP Hebei Provincial Committee on November 30 in the Sixth CCP representative conference of the Hebei province. He said in the report, ... The struggling with the Falun Gong cult has made great progress. 
6. A report on May 10, 2002 in Hebei Daily Newspaper by reporters Wang Xiaodong and Jiawei: Between July 26 and 27, provincial Party committee and provincial government held a meeting in Beidaihe to analyze the economy of the province... Wang Xudong asked...that we must carry on deeply the “strike hard” campaign with the“ wipe out gangs and hooligans“ as the key point, and crackdown “Falun Gong“ cult’s criminal activities according to the law. 
7. A report on May 21 from Clearwisdom titled “Please Rescue This Kind and Honest Middle School Teacher”: Wang Xudong, the party committee secretary of Hebei Province personally added, "The Chen Lei event is shocking." Then Wang Xudong personally instructed a detailed investigation.
8. A report on October 14, 2003 from www.cww.net.cn: The ministry of information industry summoned bureau chiefs for a meeting recently to summary the implementation of the 2003 national information industry conference and the work progress of the first 5 months, and to arrange the work for the next period. During the meeting, the ministry party group secretary and minister Wang Xudong thoroughly analyzed the influence of SARS on the information industry, and proposed the key work for the next period. ...successfully fulfiled the task of maintaining the communication and monitoring the radio signals during the “two meetings”. It played an important role in safeguarding information, maintaining the of the order of the telecommunication waves and cracking down on the attempt to destroy the satellite communication by Falun Gong cult.
9. A report on July 17, 2003 from China Electronics News: The fifth meeting of the party conference for the attached organization of the Ministry of Information Industry was held on March 3, 2003 in Beijing. The party group secretary and deputy minister Wang Xudong attended the meeting and made an important speech. The deputy secretary of the standing committee of CCP of the attached organization of the Ministry of Information Industry, Zhang Jisheng, reported the work. He mentioned when summarizing the achievements made by the attached organization of the Ministry of Information Industry... “continue to struggle with Falun Gong cult and to stabilized the situation... He said that every level of the party organization of the attached organization should emphasize the following: ... 4. Thoroughly struggle with Falun Gong cult, maintain stability and sound situation.