To investigate the criminal conduct of all institutions, organizations, and individuals involved in the persecution of Falun Gong; to bring such investigations, no matter how long it takes, no matter how far and deep we have to search, to full closure; to exercise fundamental principles of humanity; and to restore and uphold justice in society.

Deathbed Testimonies of a Falun Dafa Disciple Murdered by Live Organ Harvesting in 2019

July 17, 2023


WOIPFG received a report that on April 28, 2019, Zhang Xiuqin, a Falun Gong practitioner from Harbin City, had her organs harvested alive at the Department of Infectious Diseases of the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) Integrated Logistic Support and Security Forces No. 962 Hospital (formerly the PLA No. 211 Hospital). While the hospital authorities were cleaning up the remains of live organ harvesting victims, Zhang Xiuqin woke up and was discovered by a doctor with a conscience. On her deathbed, Zhang told this doctor about her harrowing ordeal of being tortured and having her organ harvested alive by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP).

Zhang Xiuqin, a 46-year-old woman originally from Laizhou, Shandong Province, was a Falun Gong practitioner who started practicing Falun Dafa in 1998. After the CCP began persecuting Falun Gong on July 20, 1999, Zhang’s home was repeatedly raided, and she was illegally kidnapped multiple times by the CCP for speaking the truth about Falun Gong. And she was also sentenced to two years of forced labor and 3.5 years of imprisonment, dismissed from her job, and forcibly displaced.

At the end of 2018, she was kidnapped again and subjected to a long period of torture with various methods, even including sexual assaults. Half a year later, her abdomen was cut open, with one of her kidneys harvested alive. They also opened up the part of her stomach, where her liver was located, but didn’t remove the liver, presumably because it was severely injured and no longer usable. And the surgeons didn’t even close the multiple incisions made on her body with basic sutures. 

Under such circumstances, this tender woman, who had been persecuted by the CCP for many years, endured such a monstrous calamity in order to defend the faith of Truthfulness, Compassion and Forbearance. She spent the last moments of her life telling people about the wonderfulness of Truthfulness, Compassion and Forbearance and exposing the truth about the CCP’s live organ harvesting of Falun Gong practitioners. On her deathbed, she thought of the safety of others and the future of humanity, and she didn’t even leave a word for herself or to her family! What strong willpower, great compassion and moral courage it must have taken for her to complete the entire process!

The case of Falun Gong practitioner Zhang Xiuqin, who was murdered by live organ harvesting, is the first case, in which a victim of the CCP’s crime of live organ harvesting against Falun Gong practitioners reported her experience of being organ harvested alive, and in shocking detail.

In 2015, the CCP announced that it would stop using organs from executed prisoners, and that voluntary organ donations from citizens would be the only source of transplanted organs. However, the murder of Zhang Xiuqin was committed in April 2019. This case once again proves that the CCP’s evil crime of live organ harvesting from Falun Gong practitioners not only exists, but has always been ongoing.

Before Zhang Xiuqin was murdered, she was held in a basement after a medical examination. There, more than a dozen Falun Gong practitioners were being held, and often people were taken away, but they would never come back. And new ones would be brought in after a few days. There were dozens of people going in and out of the basement. This is a living organ donor pool, also known as a death camp, set up by the CCP, and such places can be found all over China, even today.

The doctor stated in her testimony: “We didn’t know any of these people, as they were not from our work unit, and the people that came were different each time.” This implies that many hospitals excise organs and perform live organ harvesting operations in this hospital. And the Infectious Disease Department of the People’s Liberation Army No. 211 Hospital in Harbin is a “secret den for live organ harvesting”.

Furthermore, according to her testimony, this hospital was chosen as a place to perform live organ harvesting, because “we are the Infectious Disease Department of the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) No. 211 Hospital in Harbin. And the dead bodies after the surgeries are required to be disposed of as contaminants. That is, they would be sealed, sterilized and cremated directly, without opening the packages in the middle of the process. That’s why they had chosen to do such surgeries at our hospital. It would be very secretive and convenient to destroy the evidence here.”

The PLA No. 211 Hospital is a Class A tertiary general hospital, but it has no external organ transplant business. And it is also a military hospital, so it is obviously a secretive place chosen to perform live organ harvesting. The operations are arranged in the Infectious Disease Department, which makes it convenient to incinerate the bodies and destroy the evidence.

An illegal den for live organ harvesting, such as the Infectious Disease Department of the PLA No. 211 Hospital, is probably a typical mode of operation for the CCP’s live organ harvesting, and a key link in the bloody chain of the CCP’s organ transplant industry.

I. Investigation Process
On December 23, 2020, a Falun Gong practitioner in mainland China reported a piece of shocking news to WOIPFG. The “corpse” of a Falun Gong practitioner, whose organ had been harvested alive by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) resurrected. And on her deathbed, she left several testimonies of how she was tortured, abused and had her organ harvested alive. Her remains had been preserved. A doctor is the witness to her testimonies. She not only helped preserve the practitioner’s body, but also spoke with her before she passed away, videotaped her testimonies and reported the case to WOIPFG, in the hope that we would investigate it.

After much difficulty, WOIPFG finally made contact with the doctor. WOIPFG communicated several times with the doctor, who gradually recounted the incident and relayed parts of Falun Gong practitioner Zhang Xiuqin’s testimonies to WOIPFG. And our organization has later received the victim’s remains. Some pieces of the evidence are presented below.

II. Evidence of Zhang Xiuqin having been live organ harvested

1. While the doctor was cleaning up the site of a live organ harvesting operation, a “corpse” resurrected

On April 28, 2019, at around 8:00 am, they (i.e. the live organ harvesters) brought over living people that would be used as donors to perform that kind of (live organ harvesting) operations, which had been carried out over a dozen times before, and we all knew about this, but no one dared to ask any unnecessary questions. The operations were performed very quickly. After the surgery completion, they left with what they wanted (i.e. the organs). We didn’t know any of these people, as they were not from our work unit, and the people that came were different each time. We are the Infectious Disease Department of the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) No. 211 Hospital in Harbin. And the dead bodies after the surgeries are required to be disposed of as contaminants. That is, they would be sealed, sterilized and cremated directly, without opening the packages in the middle of the process. That’s why they had chosen to do such surgeries at our hospital. It would be very secretive and convenient to destroy the evidence here.

On that day, they left as usual after finishing the organ extractions. I was responsible for the clean-up. And during the process, someone suddenly grabbed my clothes. I was startled and discovered that the person lying on the operating table, who had just been live organ harvested, was still alive. I checked and found that she had only one kidney removed. Her liver area was cut open, but her liver was not excised, supposedly due to some severe injury. Because of visceral damage, her liver couldn’t be used. Her other organs also remained, as they were damaged and couldn’t be used, either... This person had obviously been tortured, with many wounds on her body. Due to the severe torture, the trauma to her internal organs was too serious, so there were hardly any usable organs. Her surgical wounds were not sutured. And in this situation, it would be impossible for anyone to survive. So no one even thought that she would remain alive. She only said “help me” and then fell into a coma again.

2. The doctor transferred the “corpse” and heard startling inside stories

I acted on impulse at that moment. So I took her to the basement, where we stored the supplies. Perhaps out of my instinct as a doctor, I couldn’t just watch a patient die. So I injected her with some glucose, painkillers and other simple medications, briefly sewed up her cuts, and started watching her by her side. At night, she woke up again. Upon seeing me, she asked for my help. I said, “Your condition is hopeless. There is nothing I can do.”

She said that she was well aware of her own situation, and she just wanted me to make her ordeals public, so that everyone would know about the evils she had suffered. I said that I was incapable of helping her. She remained silent for a while, and then she started telling me her story. By then I learned that she was a Falun Gong practitioner. I was terrified at that time, but since I had already started listening to her, I let her continue talking. She talked about a lot of things related to Falun Gong. I was so nervous and scared at the moment that I didn’t hear much of it. Later she talked about how the CCP persecuted them, all kinds of torture methods, various forms of abuse, and even the live organ harvesting. Many people had been subjected to such persecution. I was very shocked. I recalled that during my over two years at this hospital, I myself had been involved in several dozen such operations. It was horrifying.

3. The doctor was moved and helped her videotape her testimonies

Zhang Xiuqin went on to talk about the belief that good and evil would be repaid, the future of mankind, the meaning of life, the people’s withdrawal from the CCP and its affiliated organizations (i.e. the Communist Youth League and the Young Pioneers), as well as many other things. I reminded her that she didn’t have much time left and that she should leave some messages for her loved ones, so that I could convey them for her. She said that it was unnecessary. And she asked me again to help her redress the injustice she had endured and… to expose these evils of the CCP. She continued to explain about humankind, life and the universe, and many of her points made sense to me. In the end, she said that if everyone was afraid to stand up to evil, then our descendants would always be oppressed, and nobody would be able to escape, while slowly turning into slaves. Furthermore, currently, the entire world is in support of Falun Gong, and justice is awakening. She hoped that I could help her redress the injustice done to her and expose the evil here.

I was moved by her spirit, which was truly amazing. I also found her remarks very reasonable, but I didn’t know what to do. She said that I could just follow her instructions.

In the end, I promised to help her as much as I could. So at her request, I recorded her last words, which were also her testimonies. She briefly narrated her ordeals again and greeted her master at the end. She shouted “Falun Dafa is great!” twice. I really admired her courage and spirit.

This continued until after midnight, and I was exhausted. She left me the addresses of two friends and said that they didn’t use phones, so I had to visit them in person. Then I went home to take a rest. Early next morning, when I came back, she had already passed away. She seemed to have left peacefully.

III. Falun Gong Practitioner Zhang Xiuqin’s Testimonies
 (Last Words)

Testimony 1 the time you watch this video, I will definitely no longer be alive.

Please remember that I am a Falun Gong disciple persecuted to death by the CCP through live organ harvesting. My name is Zhang Xiuqin. I was taken here this morning, and one of my kidneys was removed by force. As you can see, I am still alive right now. This is the live organ harvesting that the evil party has never dared to admit to.

Several dozen people, who were detained with me, have all been taken away one by one, and their whereabouts are unknown. The number of Falun Gong practitioners, who have had their organs harvested alive over the years, is uncountable.

Let such evil and inhumane crimes be exposed as soon as possible! Let all crimes cease! Let innocent people no longer be abused and slaughtered for their faith! I hope that my death will awaken the conscience of the world’s people!

Let me tell you about my experiences of being persecuted over the years.

My name is…is Zhang Xiuqin. I am 46 years old this year. I’m originally from Laizhou, Shandong Province. In 1997, I came to Harbin City for work. Later my work unit closed down, and I was laid off. So I went to find work everywhere. I became a Falun Gong disciple in 1998. In July 1999, I went to the provincial government with my coordinator (to peacefully petition), and we were later taken to Dongli Stadium. In the afternoon, several practitioners and I had a discussion and agreed that we shouldn’t stay there. So we came out of the stadium through a small…a small gate and went to a practitioner’s home to exchange ideas. And the practitioner said that we should go to Beijing (to petition).

Like the (practitioners participating in the) petition (on Tiananmen Square) on April 25, 1999, the next day, we, the three of us, went to Beijing by train. Another two practitioners said that they couldn’t leave as they had some family affairs to take care of, so they didn’t come out. When we arrived in Beijing, we went straight to Tiananmen Square, which was full of our fellow practitioners from all across China at the time. We were exchanging ideas with one another, and we didn’t know what to do. So after over a dozen days, I felt that it was a bit of a waste of time, so I went back home by myself.

Testimony 2

After I returned, I was approached by the local police station, which demanded that I write a guarantee letter to quit practicing Falun Gong. Otherwise, I would be detained. I refused to do so. Later, the local neighborhood committee and my family members were all trying to persuade me every day to give up my cultivation practice.

In 2003, I was kidnapped by the Daraofang Police Station, when I was out with my fellow practitioners distributing truth clarification materials. And I later performed forced labor for two years. After I got out, since the police station and the National Security Bureau kept harassing me, my husband divorced me. And I became homeless, as I didn’t return home. At the end of 2012, I was kidnapped again at a truth clarification material production site. (I was detained in the Harbin Second Detention Center, a place commonly known as “Yazijuan”, meaning “duck pen”. [1]) I was brutally persecuted at the Yaziquan Detention Center. I was retaliated against by the authorities, and one of my kidneys was injured by baojias’ (i.e. criminal inmates that are assigned by the police guards to monitor and persecute Falun Gong practitioners) beatings. So they could extract only one (kidney) this time. My heart and liver were found to be unqualified by physical examinations, so they were not extracted. Therefore, luckily, I didn’t die immediately.

This time I was illegally sentenced to three and a half years in prison. At the end of 2018, I was kidnapped again. This time, after spending a month in the detention center, I was picked up by several policemen. At that time, they told the detention center personnel that I would be released on bail. However, instead of releasing me, they took me to a hospital for a full medical checkup. They lied to me that they were giving me a physical examination. Later they took me to a basement, where my head was constantly covered by a hood. I don’t know the location of this basement. There were more than a dozen people detained here, and I later learned that they were all my fellow practitioners. Our family members were not concerned about us, and we had all been homeless. So maybe this type of practitioners would be chosen to have their organs harvested alive. During our detention here, we suffered all kinds of abuse and torture. Since it was impossible for us to get out alive, these guards abused us with impunity, as long as our organs were not damaged. (They perpetrated all kinds of abuse and used various kinds of perverted methods, including sexual abuse wherever and whenever possible.) Often, some people were taken away, and they would never come back. And after a few days, new fellow practitioners would be brought in. There were a dozen, several dozen people coming in and out, and today, it was my turn.

The above are the two testimonies provided to us by the doctor. She also revealed that all the video evidence in her custody is longer, including Zhang Xiuqin’s detailed account of her arrest and detention in prison and her transfer from the prison to the secret place, where she was locked up waiting for her organs to be harvested alive. In her testimonies, she mentioned the extremely cruel and shameless methods used by the CCP police guards to persecute Falun Gong practitioners. This also shows that the process of the CCP government’s persecution of Falun Gong practitioners has become systematized and institutionalized. Due to security reasons, her testimonies cannot be fully revealed for the time being. Below is more of Zhang Xiuqin’s testimonies as relayed by the doctor.

IV. Zhang Xiuqin’s Testimonies as Relayed by the Doctor

1. Before being arrested and imprisoned, Zhang was subjected to a thorough medical examination

After my arrest, I was detained at the Harbin Second Detention Center, a place commonly known as “Yazijuan”, meaning “duck pen”. After being in detention for about two months, some other fellow practitioners and I were put into one brainwashing class, which was run by a deputy director of the Second Detention Center. Her name was Wu Yanli, and the brainwashing class’s full name was Wu Yanli Education and Transformation Base. It was located inside the women’s detention center. (The people in the brainwashing class were) all female fellow practitioners. Many people were transformed. Because of her transformation performance, Wu Yanli even received an award for “rendering a meritorious service”.
About one month later, I was taken away by several policemen. They took me to a hospital for a comprehensive medical examination, supposedly as part of the procedures to grant me bail. At that time, I was convinced, so I was relatively cooperative throughout the process. After the physical examination was completed, they did give me a notice of bail, and I signed it. Then the policemen took me out of the detention center. However, they did not give me freedom!

2. The CCP pretended to grant Zhang bail, but instead actually transferred her to another detention place to wait for live organ harvesting

I was hooded and taken into a hotel-like room, where 13 people from all over the province were being held. It was a provincial transformation base, and Yang Bo from the provincial Public Security Department was personally in charge of it [2].

One night, I was suddenly taken away with several other people, all wearing hoods. I only knew roughly that several people were taken away together. This time, I was taken to a basement, which I later learned was a secret detention place of the evil communist party to hold those of us, who were about to be organ harvested alive.

On the second day after we arrived here, Yang Bo came again and talked to each one of us individually. Yang Bo spoke very briefly this time about wanting to let me live. He didn’t mention live organ harvesting. He said that the only way for me to get out of here alive was to cooperate with him, which was to work for him as a secret agent. He said that it was to save our lives, and he could no longer call the shots here. I think that the live organ harvesting has the involvement of higher levels and even the military. He was a provincial department director, so his rank was insignificant here. He said that as long as we cooperated with him, he could find a way to get us out. After I clearly refused him, Yang Bo never came back.

3. The CCP used extremely shameless methods to sexually abuse Falun Gong practitioners, who were about to have their organs harvested alive

We suffered from all kinds of inhuman torture here. They were using all kinds of perverted methods to persecute us. These bored guards were doing it for fun, because in their opinion, we were already dead, and nothing would go wrong, no matter how we were abused. There was a high detainee turnover here, as there were often people coming in and being taken away. According to my observation, the fellow practitioners here were relatively young, probably because older organs were not valuable. There were both male and female practitioners, and they were from all over the province. We were all held in solitary confinement, and contact with one another was forbidden. They should have all been taken away and had their organs harvested alive in the end.

I was held here for several months. I’m not sure exactly how long it was. It was a basement, where we couldn’t see sunlight, and I didn’t know the dates or times. During this period, there were several things that I remember very well.

First, although we were all dying, they wouldn’t even give us a break before our death. They were still coming up with various ways to torture, abuse and utilize us. All kinds of torture, including sexual abuse, were perpetrated on us whenever and wherever possible. There was also an important incident. They would bring those transformed fellow practitioners, who were willing to work for them as special agents, to personally abuse us, supposedly for the police to have something on these agents. The main method was rape. I feel that these male fellow practitioners should have been drugged, as they completely lost control of themselves, which was different from the sexual abuse from the police guards. In the latter case, our hands and feet were bound, so we couldn’t resist. However, when these fellow practitioners came over, we were free to move around. So it would be real rape, and next to us, there were people videotaping the entire process. And female agents would rape our male fellow practitioners.

Second, I heard a big secret. One day, two police officers were quarreling here, in the room next to my cell, and they were very loud. One was the senior captain of the Daoli National Security, named Zhao Lu, and the other was one of his subordinates, named *** (his name is kept confidential for now). I heard these names when they yelled at each other during their quarrel. ***accused Yang Bo of using the recruitment of special agents to defraud the state of funds and threatened to report this to the discipline inspection commission [3].

Zhao Lu said, “Everyone is doing the same. All national security and intelligence departments are playing the same game. Do you think that Yang Bo is really working hard to recruit those special agents to attack Falun Gong? Who would do something without benefits?” They also mentioned some specific incidents of using secret agents to defraud the government of funds, involving Han Wei and Zhu Chunrong. The state provides a lot of funds to each agent, and there are also various rewards, including intelligence fees, and even more rewards for spies with “outstanding achievements”. In the end, Zhao Lu should have given this policeman some benefits, and things calmed down.

Above are Zhang Xiuqin’s words as relayed by the doctor, who wrote in her email, “The above has been briefly compiled and organized based on her narration. I have concealed some key figures and details.”

V. Video Evidence of Zhang Xiuqin’s Remains

(Due to the CCP's malicious persecution, to protect people involved and to respect the witness's wishes, some key evidence cannot be released at this time.)

VI. Overview of the PLA Integrated Logistic Support and Security Forces No. 962 Hospital

The PLA Integrated Logistic Support and Security Forces No. 962 Hospital (formerly the PLA No. 211 Hospital), located in Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province [4], is the central hospital of the CCP’s Shenyang Military Region. According to Baidu Baike, the hospital is a large comprehensive modern hospital with more than 800 beds, 40 departments, over 200 senior technical staff and over 400 middle-level technical staff. It is one of the first Class A tertiary hospitals in the military and Heilongjiang Province, as well as the teaching hospital for the Third Military Medical University, the Fourth Military Medical University, Harbin Medical University, Jiamusi Medical College, Jilin Medical College and other local colleges and military universities [5].

Heilongjiang Province is one of the provinces, where Falun Gong practitioners are the most severely persecuted. In Harbin City alone, there have been seven prisons and labor camps (which were all closed, with the detained practitioners having been transferred to other prisons and brainwashing classes), detaining at least tens of thousands of Falun Gong practitioners. They included Harbin Wanjia Labor Camp, Harbin Changlinzi Labor Camp, Harbin Women’s Drug Rehabilitation Labor Camp, Heilongjiang Provincial Women’s Labor Camp, Harbin Women’s Prison, Harbin No. 3 Prison and Harbin City Liming Prison [6].

VII. Conclusion

So far, these are the only testimonies from a live organ harvesting victim, and this practitioner’s body is the only preserved remains of such a person, as far as we know. Through the above evidence and testimonies, we can clearly see the general situation of the persecution suffered by Falun Gong practitioner Zhang Xiuqin until she passed away due to live organ harvesting: Zhang Xiuqin was repeatedly kidnapped by the CCP for practicing Falun Gong, detained in brainwashing classes and tortured. She was forced to undergo medical examinations (to actually obtain tissue typing data for organ transplantation). The CCP falsely claimed that she would be granted bail and carried out the relevant procedures (in order to fabricate the evidence of releasing her on bail to perform live organ harvesting next), but instead actually transferred Zhang Xiuqin to a secret base, where she was waiting for organ excision. And eventually, she died of live organ harvesting.

This gory case reaffirms the conclusion reached by WOIPFG based on more than a decade of systematic investigation:

Since 1999, the CCP crime syndicate, led by its former party boss Jiang Zemin, has been carrying out a nationwide genocide against Falun Gong practitioners, in the form of live organ harvesting for transplant surgeries, by manipulating China’s entire state machine through the Political and Legal Affairs Commission and the “610 system”, including the Party, the government, the military, the armed police, the judicial system and medical institutions. Such evil crimes have been taking place for over two decades, and are still ongoing.

This is a devastating persecution of mankind, a crime against humanity that is unprecedented in history!

We call upon all governments, organizations and righteous people around the world to act immediately to fully investigate and punish the CCP’s crimes against humanity. There’s no time to waste! This is not only because such crimes must be punished, but also because it is to save humanity’s last moral bottom line! The contest between good and evil constitutes a comprehensive trial for the conscience of every individual, organization and state government. At this critical historical juncture, learning the truth, eliminating the evil CCP and choosing righteousness over evil is to choose a bright future for oneself and his or her country.

We warn all those involved in the persecution of Falun Gong: The CCP is disintegrating, and the day, on which the CCP will be held accountable for all its crimes, is around the corner. The persecution of Falun Gong is a crime of genocide and a crime against humanity. And the perpetrators will face the most serious trials and severe punishments in the history of mankind. Any excuse to enforce an order cannot be used as a reason for exemption, and all participants must bear personal responsibility. Confessing one’s crimes, exposing the CCP’s evils and striving for redemption by performing merits is the only way out!

As always, WOIPFG will continue to investigate the criminal conduct of all institutions, organizations, and individuals involved in the persecution of Falun Gong; to bring such investigations, no matter how long it takes, no matter how far and deep we have to search, to full closure; to exercise fundamental principles of humanity; and to restore and uphold justice in society. This is our promise to the Almighty, and we shall never give up.

World Organization to Investigate the Persecution of Falun Gong (WOIPFG)

P.O. Box 84, New York, NY 10116, U.S.A.

Tel: +1-518-869-2352; Fax: +1-347-402-1444,


[1] WOIPFG. “Liable Work Unit: Harbin Second Detention Center (Yazijuan Detention Center), Heilongjiang Province”.

[2] WOIPFG. “Liable Individual: Yang Bo”.

[3] “Criminal facts of Yang Bo, deputy director of the National Security Department of the Heilongjiang Provincial Public Security Bureau.” Updated: August 28, 2019.…

[4] The PLA No. 211 Hospital in Heilongjiang 
Address: No.45 Xuefu Road, Nangang District, Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province
Postal code: 150080
Tel: 0451-83852370, 0451-83852371

[5] Baidu Baike. “The PLA No. 211 Hospital”.

[6] “Some slave labor products made in prisons and forced labor camps in Heilongjiang Province”. June 12, 2012.… “Heilongjiang Women’s Prison Tortures Falun Gong Practitioners.” Updated: November 19, 2017.…
WOIPFG. “Investigation reports: Prisons and forced labor camps”.